What is First Citizens Mobile Banking?
Mobile Banking enables you to connect to your eligible First Citizens accounts via the Internet from your mobile phone. First Citizens offers three Mobile Banking options, and you can use any, or all, of the following:
- Downloadable Mobile Apps: Download free First Citizens Mobile Apps for iPhone and Android devices to view your account information, transfer funds, pay bills, and find branches and ATMs.
- Mobile Web: Visit m.firstcitizensonline.com from any mobile browser to login to a mobile webpage to view your accounts, transfer funds, pay bills and find branches and ATMs from any phone with a mobile browser.
- Text Banking: Access your account balances, recent transactions, and find branches and ATMs anytime, anywhere by sending simple text commands to MYFCB (69322). A Smartphone is not required. Message and data rates may apply.
Which accounts can I access with Mobile Banking?
With Mobile Banking, you can access the same accounts you access in First Citizens Online Banking, including checking and savings, loans and lines of credit.
What is Text Banking?
With text banking, you can request account information via text message, receive text alerts and find the nearest ATM or branch. To use Text Banking once you've activated Mobile Banking, simply send a text message to First Citizens using one of the Text Banking commands. See the Text Banking page on our website for a list of the commands and for more information.
What do I need to get started?
You can start using Mobile Banking if you have enrolled in First Citizens Personal Online Banking and have a user name and password.
Note: Message and data rates may apply when using these services, please check with your phone carrier.
- Text Banking requires a device that is capable of sending and receiving text messages.
- First Citizens' Mobile Website Banking requires a device that supports mobile browsing.
- First Citizens' Mobile Apps require a web-enabled mobile device -- iPhone or Android.
How do I enroll in Mobile Banking or Text Banking?
You must be a First Citizens Online Banking user to enroll in Mobile Banking. To sign up for Mobile Banking, select the Mobile Banking tab within First Citizens Online Banking and follow the easy enrollment instructions. Then you may start using the First Citizens Mobile Banking site at mobi.FirstCitizensonline.com, use Text Banking or download one of our mobile apps. iPhone and iPod touch users need a valid iTunes® user account to download the First Citizens app, and Android device users need a valid Android Market account to download the First Citizens app.
To login to mobile banking, enter your First Citizens Online Banking User ID and Password.
Will I be charged a fee for mobile banking?
First Citizens does not charge a fee to access the mobile website at m.FirstCitizensonline.com or to download and use our mobile apps. Other account-related fees may apply.
Please note: Standard messaging and data rates from your mobile carrier may apply.
How do I get the First Citizens Mobile App?
Online Banking customers can download the mobile apps with links that can be found on the Mobile Banking page. iPhone and Android users can also visit their app stores and search for "First Citizens Mobile App".
Can I receive alerts on my mobile phone?
Yes. First Citizens Account and Security Alerts can be can be delivered by text or email to your mobile phone. Sign up for alerts by logging in to First Citizens Online Banking.
How much transaction history is available in First Citizens Mobile Banking?
- Deposit accounts, such as checking and savings, will show up to 90 days of transactions, in groups of 25 (to get More, touch the "More" button at the bottom of the transaction history screen)
- Credit card accounts will show two full statement cycles, as well as any transactions in the current billing cycle
How secure is First Citizens Bank mobile banking?
First Citizens is committed to protecting your confidential account information, and uses many different best-practice security features to keep your information safe, including:
- 128 bit SSL encryption, similar to Online Banking, that encrypts and protects any transmission of data including sensitive account information
- Strong firewalls, also similar to Online Banking, that protect you from unauthorized or malicious intrusion
- Secure logon with your Online Banking username and password, and automatic account lock-out protection after 3 incorrect logon attempts from your mobile device.
- Multifactor authentication requires you to answer a variety of security questions at first-time login, and to initiate any payment activities that move money outside of your First Citizens accounts, including bill payments.
- Partial, or masked, account numbers prevent anyone from looking at your mobile device without your permission and obtaining your entire account number.
- Automatic session timeout after a period of inactivity, or when you close the app, ends your banking session, requiring you to securely logon again to access your account information.
What can I do to protect my security and privacy?
Just as when you bank online from your computer, there are some simple steps you should take to ensure the security of your information and protect your privacy when you use First Citizens Mobile Banking.
- Protect your Online Banking password. It is your key to accessing your accounts. Do not reveal it to anyone.
- Memorize your Online Banking password. Never store it on your mobile device, or write it on paper that you keep near your phone or carry with you.
- Do not choose passwords that incorporate your name, telephone number, address or birthday or those of any close friend or relative.
- Never leave your mobile device unattended while using the First Citizens Bank mobile app.
- Use your phone's built-in lock function -- set a password-protect for start-up or time-out.
What happens if I lose my phone?
If your phone is lost or stolen, it is unlikely that someone could access your account information unless they also know your Online Banking user name and password. No personal information from your Mobile Banking account is ever stored on the phone. Your password is never stored. However, to be safe, you should contact First Citizens as soon as possible by calling 1-888-612-4444. Our Contact Center associates can assist you in suspending or de-registering your mobile banking account. You should also contact your mobile carrier.
What if I forget the Text Banking commands?
Text HELP to 69322 (MYFCB) to receive a short list of the most common commands. A full list of the commands is available on the Text Banking page of our website.
How do I reset my Online Banking Password
used for the Mobile Website and Mobile App?
To reset your Online Banking password you will need to access the Online Banking login screen at FirstCitizensonline.com. Click on the "Forgot Your Password?" link or call 1-888-612-4444.
I'm having a problem with a Mobile Banking app - how can I get help?
Please call the First Citizens Customer Contact Center at 1-888-612-4444. We're ready to help.
If you're having technical issues with your phone or have questions about mobile data access or data charges on your phone bill, contact the customer service department of your mobile service provider.
I mistyped my login and my app is locked. How do I unlock it?
Contact the Customer Contact Center at 1-888-612-4444.
How does bill payment work in First Citizens Mobile Banking?
You can view and pay any billers in Mobile Banking that you have set-up through Online Banking.
Can I set up new bill payees in Mobile Banking?
No, at this time, you can only make payments to billers that you have already set-up in Online Banking. To add a biller, simply login to Online Banking and add a new biller from the Payments tab.
Can I change or delete pending payments in Mobile Banking?
You can modify or delete any pending payments that you have set up in Online Banking thru the Mobile App. You can change the payment date or amount, or even completely cancel the payment, on your mobile device, and the changes will also appear in Online Banking. Payments that are in a status of "processing" in Online Banking (can no longer be changed or cancelled) will not show in Mobile Banking.
Why am I asked security questions in Mobile Banking?
First Citizens is committed to protecting your confidential account information and identity. The first time you login after downloading the app, you will be asked to answer a security question that you have setup in Online Banking. In addition, whenever you pay a bill and money is leaving your account and going outside of First Citizens, you will also be asked to answer a security question before proceeding. This is done to protect your account information and banking relationship.