Home Equity Lines of Credit
and Home Equity Loans
If you need to make a major purchase, renovate your kitchen or consolidate high-rate bills, a First Citizens Home Equity Line of Credit1 or Home Equity Loan1 is a smart, sensible solution. We offer two convenient ways to borrow using the equity in your home:
- A Home Equity Line of Credit is a revolving line of credit that lets you access the equity in your home as you need it (up to your available credit limit) either by writing a check or by using your Home Equity Visa® Gold Card. The interest rate is variable2 based on The Wall Street Journal Prime Rate.
- A Home Equity Loan is a lump-sum loan with a fixed interest rate, fixed term and fixed monthly payments. A Home Equity Loan may be a good choice if you know the exact amount of money you need for home improvement or a major purchase.
No matter which option you choose, you'll enjoy these advantages...
- Interest may be tax deductible (consult your tax advisor for details)
- Competitive rates typically lower than most credit cards or personal loans
- Flexible repayment terms — with no penalty for early pay-off
- The convenience of making payments by check, online or with automatic deduction from your checking account
- Optional Credit Life Insurance that gives your family protection and peace of mind3
To use the equity in your home to get the cash you need, when you need it, call 1-888-612-4444 or stop by your local Branch Office.