Zero Balance Accounts
A Better Way to Keep Your Money Working Smarter for Your Business
Zero Balance Accounts (ZBAs) are designed to help you eliminate manual fund transfers between accounts, so you can reduce idle cash and prevent overdrafts.
At the end of each business day, First Citizens automatically transfers funds from your master account into your ZBA account(s) in the exact amount(s) needed to cover your disbursements. This allows you to consolidate all your company's bank balances into a single pool of funds and easily determine your daily cash position. Consolidated funds can then be used to invest or reduce debt.
A ZBA can help you...
- Simplify funds transfer activity while maintaining account autonomy.
- Increase your investment income — and reduce borrowing costs — by eliminating idle balances in disbursement accounts.
- Automatically move deposits from one or more depository accounts into a related master account.
- Maintain separate bank accounts for internal auditing purposes.
- Fund multiple disbursement accounts on an "as needed" basis.
- Eliminate the need to initiate manual transfers.
- Prevent overdrafts and related costs.
- Reduce administrative time and costs associated with monitoring daily cash positions.
To take advantage of these valuable benefits, contact the First Citizens Cash Management Division at 1-866-733-2501 Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.